The most common form of arthritis, osteoarthritis, can affect any joint in the body, but most often afflicts the knees, hips and fingers. Most people will develop osteoarthritis from the normal wear and tear on the joints through the years. Joints contain cartilage, a rubbery material that cushions the ends of the bones and facilitates movement. Over time or if the joint has been injured, the cartilage wears away and the bones of the joint start rubbing together. As bones rub together, bone spurs may form and the joint becomes stiff after long periods of activity or inactivity.
Some common types of arthritic conditions are:
- Osteoarthritis, which is the “wear and tear” arthritis, it is also called degenerative joint disease or degenerative arthritis.
- Rheumatoid arthritis, an inflammatory type of arthritis that happens when the body’s immune system does not work properly.
- Gout, which is caused by crystals that collect in the joints.
- Psoriatic arthritis, a rheumatoid-like arthritic condition characterized by pain and swelling (inflammation) of the joints (arthritis) that occurs in association with gray discoloration or scaly plaques of the skin.
- Septic arthritis, also known as infectious arthritis or bacterial arthritis. The condition is inflammation of a joint that’s caused by infection.
Speak with us about your arthritis pain relief needs. Come to Glaser Pain Relief Center. Get in touch with us for your appointment at 818-501-PAIN (7246). For your convenience, you can use our online Patient Portal. Our arthritis patients come to us from Agoura Hills, Beverly Hills, Burbank, Calabasas, Camarillo, Encino, Granada Hills, Lancaster, Los Angeles, Malibu, Northridge, Palmdale, Porter Ranch, Santa Monica, Sherman Oaks, Simi Valley, Stevenson Ranch, Studio City, Tarzana, Thousand Oaks, Toluca Lake, Valencia, Westwood, Woodland Hills and the nearby communities.